Sell Mineral Rights in Converse County, Wyoming
If you are wanting to sell your mineral rights in Converse County, Wyoming please call 1280 Royalties, LLC today to receive an offer. Sell overriding royalty interests (ORRI) in Converse County, WY to 1280 Royalties, LLC.
Converse County, Wyoming
|Converse County, Wyoming|
Location in the state of Wyoming
Wyoming’s location in the U.S.
|• Total||4,265 sq mi (11,046 km2)|
|• Land||4,255 sq mi (11,020 km2)|
|• Water||10 sq mi (26 km2), 0.24%|
|• Density||3/sq mi (1/km²)|
In 1911, Converse County lost territory when Niobrara County was created. The boundaries of Converse County were slightly modified in a special election in 1955, and land from Albany County was added.
The elected county commission governs each Wyoming county. Former Commissioner David R. Edwards resigned in January 2012 after three years of service because of health problems. He was a Republican who had previously served in theWyoming House of Representatives from 2001 to 2008.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 4,265 square miles (11,046.3 km2), of which 4,255 square miles (11,020.4 km2) is land and 10 square miles (25.9 km2) (0.24%) is water.
- Campbell County, Wyoming – north
- Weston County, Wyoming – northeast
- Niobrara County, Wyoming – east
- Platte County, Wyoming – southeast
- Albany County, Wyoming – south
- Carbon County, Wyoming – southwest
- Natrona County, Wyoming – west
- Johnson County, Wyoming – northwest
National protected areas
As of the census of 2000, there were 12,052 people, 4,694 households, and 3,407 families residing in the county. The population density was 3 people per square mile (1/km²). There were 5,669 housing units at an average density of 1 per square mile (1/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 94.72% White, 0.15% Black or African American, 0.91% Native American, 0.27% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 2.46% from other races, and 1.47% from two or more races. 5.48% of the population were Hispanic or Latinoof any race. 26.6% were of German, 13.5% American, 12.2% English and 11.1% Irish ancestry according to Census 2000.
There were 4,694 households out of which 36.50% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.60% were married couples living together, 8.40% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.40% were non-families. Of 4,694 households, 253 were unmarried partner households: 228 heterosexual, 12 same-sex male, and 13 same-sex female.
23.40% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.00% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.55 and the average family size was 3.01.
In the county the population was spread out with 28.50% under the age of 18, 7.00% from 18 to 24, 28.10% from 25 to 44, 25.40% from 45 to 64, and 11.00% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 99.40 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.40 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $39,603, and the median income for a family was $45,905. Males had a median income of $36,443 versus $19,032 for females. The per capita income for the county was $18,744. About 9.20% of families and 11.60% of the population were below the poverty line, including 15.70% of those under age 18 and 9.70% of those age 65 or over.
- Jump up^ “Find a County”. National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Jump up^ Long, John H. (2006). “Wyoming: Individual County Chronologies”. Wyoming Atlas of Historical County Boundaries. The Newberry Library. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Jump up^ Urbanek, Mae (1988). Wyoming Place Names. Missoula, MT: Mountain Press Publishing Company. ISBN 0-87842-204-8.
- Jump up^ “David Richard Edwards”. wyomingnews.com. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- Jump up^ “American FactFinder”. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Converse County Website
- National Register of Historic Places listing for Converse Co., Wyoming
- Converse County School District #1 (in Douglas, WY)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Converse County, Wyoming.|
||Johnson County||Campbell County||Weston County|
|Natrona County||Niobrara County|
|Carbon County||Albany County||Platte County|